All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis work--the first of its kind in more than sixty years--covers polo in Argentina, from its beginnings in the 1870s to the summer of 2013. The history of the early pioneers is constructed with data t previously published, gathered from contemporary sources. International competitions are covered and include the Olympic Games, the Cup of the Americas and the World Championships. Particular attention is given to the major clubs, the Argentine and Hurlingham Open Championships, and the National Handicap Tournament. Several of the elite players merit individual or family mini-biographies. Myths in Argentine polo are also debunked, based upon careful analysis of contemporary sources. Travels abroad by Argentine teams are fully described as are the foreign teams that competed in Argentina. The work is enhanced by the author's personal observation of significant events and friendship with many of the participants.
- Author BiographyA polo player and surgeon, <b>Horace A. Laffaye</b> is on the board of directors of the Museum of Polo and is chairman of the Polo Hall of Fame Nominating Committee. His writings on the game include several books and many articles in magazines in North America, Argentina and England. He divides his time between Connecticut and Florida.
- Author(s)Horace A. Laffaye
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication13/05/2014
- SubjectEquestrian & Animal Sports
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight748 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.