Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1945 the celebrated psi-researcher Harry Price published Poltergeist over England, popularising the word poltergeist (German for 'isy ghost') and making famous the kind of physical haunting characterised by thrown objects, mysterious ises, and damage by fire or water. Now, for the first time, an astonishing array of historical Scottish poltergeist cases are gathered together, from the Middle Ages to the modern period - unearthing many episodes that have remained neglected for centuries. Some were doubt hoaxes, but in others, multiple witnesses testified to disturbing events enacted over months. Whatever the true cause of the events, the historical evidence from Scotland suggests that poltergeist phemena is undoubtedly real.
- Author BiographyGeoff Holder is an expert on the darker side of Scottish history. He has written more than 20 books on the subject, including various volumes in the Paranormal and Haunted series, the Guide to Mysterious series and Scottish Bodysnatchers. A long-standing member of institutions such as The Ghost Club, he lecturers and leads guided walks throughout the year.
- Author(s)Geoff Holder
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication08/01/2013
- SubjectThe Paranormal
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width125 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.