All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other
Save on Other
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $29.17
- AU $33.84Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $41.77Trending at AU $42.98
- AU $27.39Trending at AU $29.23
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.61
- AU $22.99Trending at AU $27.04
- AU $10.96Trending at AU $15.47
About this product
- DescriptionThe polyethylene industry has been in the midst of major restructuring and rationalization. This has lead to joint ventures and alliances to combine techlogies and exploit opportunities to maximize improvements in process productivity, catalyst invations, and enhancements in extrusion techlogy and converting. This comprehensive study of the polyethylene film extrusion process describes this techlogy in detail. In depth descriptions of the manufacturing processes for polyethylene homopolymers and copolymers, including metallocenes, are reviewed. All aspects of machine design with particular emphasis on screws and dies including coextrusion are discussed comprehensively. With computer modeling, the interactions between equipment and polymer are quantified. All aspects of equipment design and polymer features that control melt fracture, interfacial instabilities, gauge control, output and temperature, and cooling of blown and cast film processes are presented quantitatively. This methodology will highlight solutions in troubleshooting for optimum design and operation and the best available polymer and formulation choices. All polyethylene film applications in packaging, agriculture, lamination, and construction, consumer, industrial, and health care are reviewed and discussed in depth.
- Author BiographyB. H. Gregory was educated at London University and graduated with a BSc. degree in chemistry. Over a period of forty years, he has worked in the plastics industry with major international chemical companies. He has several years experience in consultancy in polyolefin film and coating processes and diverse areas in polymer converting and compounding for packaging, medical, and the construction industry.
- Author(s)B. H. Gregory
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication17/11/2009
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight524 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.