All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
About this product
- DescriptionPolymers have proven to be very suitable materials for topographic structuring, in particular in nareplication processes. Micro- and Nagrafting strategies address the possibility for the formation of chemical patterns and structures on or in polymeric substrates using relatively simple processes. Polymer Micro- and Nagrafting focuses on grafting techniques characterization and applications for the particular combination of polymer layers on polymer substrates. The authors, leaders in this area of research, provide a comprehensive survey on polymer-on-polymer grafting, covering the latest developments and future applications.
- Author BiographyCelestino Padeste (born 1961 in Zurich/Switzerland) studied chemistry at the University of Zurich, from where he received a PhD degree in 1989 in the field of inorganic solid state / gas phase reactions. After a Post-Doc at the University of New South Wales in Sydney/Australia, which was focused on surface analysis of catalyst systems, he was in 1993 employed at the Micro- and Nanotechnology Laboratory at the Paul Scherrer Institute in Villigen/Switzerland, in the frame of a biosensor project in the molecular nanotechnology group. Since 2003 he is a senior scientist in the polymer nanotechnology group in the same laboratory. His research is focused on the design of functional surfaces by combination of micro- and nanostructuring methods, including synchrotron-based lithography, with chemical surface modification, polymer grafting and protein immobilization. He is supervising PhD students and Post-Docs in basic and application-related research projects. He is a coauthor of more than 75 scientific papers and 4 patents. Sonja Neuhaus (born 1983 in Aarau, Switzerland) is a project leader in the area of polymer nanotechnology at the Institute for Polymer Nanotechnology (INKA) at the University of Applied Sciences (Windisch, Switzerland). She graduated with a Master of Science in materials science with honours from the ETH Zurich in 2008. From 2008-2011 she worked as a PhD student in the laboratory for micro- and nanotechnology (LMN) at the Paul Scherrer Institut in Villigen. Her thesis on the Functionalization of Polymer Surfaces with Polyelectrolyte Brushes was supervised by Prof. N.D. Spencer of the Laboratory of Surface Science and Technology at the ETH Zurich and by Dr. C. Padeste (LMN). Working as a project leader in the R&D department of Glas Trosch AG from 2011 to 2013, she extended and deepened her knowledge on methods for coating and functionalizing surfaces. S. Neuhaus is (co-)author of several publications. Main research interests include modification and functionalization of (polymer) surfaces, organic coatings, wettability and wetting phenomena on flat and structured surfaces, surface analysis, polymer technology.
- Author(s)Celestino Padeste,Sonja Neuhaus
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication16/02/2015
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleMicro & Nano Technologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight220 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.