All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis new volume presents leading-edge research in the rapidly changing and evolving field of polymer science as well as on chemical processing. The topics in the book reflect the diversity of research advances in the production and application of modern polymeric materials and related areas, focusing on the preparation, characterization, and applications of polymers. Also covered are various manufacturing techniques. The book will help to fill the gap between theory and practice in industry.
- Author BiographyR. A. Pethrick, PhD, DSc, is currently a research professor and professor emeritus in the Department of Pure and Applied Chemistry at the University of Strathclyde, Glasglow, Scotland. He was Burmah Professor in Physical Chemistry and has been a member of the staff there since 1969. He has published over 400 papers and edited and written several books. He currently holds a number of EPSRC grants and is involved with Knowledge Transfer Programmes involving three local companies involved in production of articles made out of polymeric materials. He has acted as a consultant for BAE Systems in the area of explosives and a company involved in the production of anticorrosive coatings. Dr. Pethrick is on the editorial boards of several polymer and adhesion journals and was on the Royal Society of Chemistry Education Board. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh, Royal Society of Chemistry, and the Institute of Materials, Metals and Mining. Previously he chaired the Review of Science Provision 16-19 in Scotland and the restructuring of the HND provision in Chemistry. He was for a number of years the Deputy Chair of the EPSRC IGDS panel and involved in a number of reviews of the courses developed and offered under this program. He has been a member of the review panel for polymer science in Denmark and Sweden and the National Science Foundation in the USA. Dr. Eli M. Pearce was President of American Chemical Society. He served as Dean of the Faculty of Science and Art at Brooklyn Polytechnic University in New York, as well as a professor of chemistry and chemical engineering. He was Director of the Polymer Research Institute, also in Brooklyn. At present, he consults for the Polymer Research Institute. A prolific author and researcher, he edited the Journal of Polymer Science (Chemistry Edition) for 25 years and was an active member of many professional organizations. Gennady E. Zaikov, DSc, is Head of the Polymer Division at the N. M. Emanuel Institute of Biochemical Physics, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia, and professor at Moscow State Academy of Fine Chemical Technology, Russia, as well as professor at Kazan National Research Technological University, Kazan, Russia. He is also a prolific author, researcher, and lecturer. He has received several awards for his work, including the Russian Federation Scholarship for Outstanding Scientists. He has been a member of many professional organizations and on the editorial boards of many international science journals.
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication18/09/2013
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note129 black & white illustrations
- Weight566 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byEli M. Pearce,Gennady E. Zaikov,Richard A. Pethrick
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.