Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionCONTENTS - Polymers and Plastics - Tradename Products and Generic Equivalents - Generic Chemical Synyms and Cross References - Tradename Product Manufacturers - PREFACE - This compendium serves a unique function for those involved in the chemical industry-it provides the necessary information for making the decision as to which trademark chemical product is most suitable for a particular application. The chemicals included in this second book of the series have their major function as dispersants, solvents, and solubilizers, however, complete cross-referencing is provided for the multiple functions of all the chemicals. The first section which is the major portion of each volume contains the most common generic name of the chemicals as the main entry. All these generic entries are in alphabetical order. Synyms for these chemicals are then listed. The CTFA name appears alongside the appropriate generic name. The structural and/or molecular formula of the chemical is listed whenever possible. The generic chemical is sold under various tradenames and these are listed here in alphabetical order for ease of reference along with their manufacturer in parentheses. The Category subheading lists all the possible functions that the chemical can serve. Because of differences in form, activity, etc., individual tradenames of the generic chemical are used in particular applications more frequently. These are delineated in the Applications section. The differences in properties. toxicity/handling. storage/handling, and standard packaging are specified in the subsequent sections wherever distinguishing characteristics are kwn. The second section of the volume TRADENAME PRODUCTS AND GENERIC EQUN ALENTS helps the user who only kws a chemical by one tradename to locate its main entry in section 1. The user can look up this tradename in this section of the book and be referred to the appropriate, main-entry, generic chemical name. The third section GENERIC CHEMICAL SYNONYMS AND CROSS REFERENCES provides a way of locating the main entries by kwing only one of the synyms. If the generic chemical is t in the volume, it will refer you to the volume in which it is contained. The fourth section TRADENAME PRODUCT MANUFACTURERS lists the full addresses of the companies that manufacture or distribute the tradename products found in the first section.
- PublisherChemical Publishing Co Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication16/02/1990
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChemical Publishing Co Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight529 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.