All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $140.31
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $32.08
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
About this product
- DescriptionThe objective of this book is to bear witness to the importance of Pompeii in the field of archaeology, and to contribute to our body of kwledge about the complex civilization of the Romans. At the same time, it is also an invitation to visit a remarkable site where the past still seems extraordinarily alive. Using the latest scientific research, this multidisciplinary journey explores everything from painting styles to local history, botany and architecture. It investigates public life (politics, the baths, city theaters and the amphitheater), religious life (different types of public and private worship, temples and sanctuaries), the ecomy (commerce, financial activities and coinage, craftsmanship and agriculture), and the private arena (the world of women, erotic representations, lifestyles, wall inscriptions, funerary rites and the necropolises). A special section is devoted to the eruption of 79 AD, with a description based on the most recent discoveries, and ather section takes a look at Oplontis, the most celebrated villa in the suburbs of Pompeii - and legendarily owned by Poppea Sabina, Nero's second wife. An updated bibliography and a chrological outline conclude this journey back in time.
- Author BiographyMARISA RANIERI PANETTA is an editor and an archaeologist. She has published archival research and historical essays on Magna Graecia and Rome's Imperial Age. ARALDO DE LUCA is one of the world's leading art photographers, he has published numerous works in books, catalogs and magazines.
- Author(s)Marisa Ranieri Panetta
- PublisherWhite Star
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationVercelli
- Country of PublicationItaly
- ImprintWhite Star
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2654 g
- Width230 mm
- Height325 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Photographs byAraldo De Luca
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.