Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn insider reveals what can and does go wrong when companies shift production to China In this entertaining behind-the-scenes account, Paul Midler tells us all that is wrong with our effort to shift manufacturing to China. Now updated and expanded, Poorly Made in China reveals industry secrets, including the dangerous practice of quality fade the deliberate and secret habit of Chinese manufacturers to widen profit margins through the reduction of quality inputs. U.S. importers don t stand a chance, Midler explains, against savvy Chinese suppliers who feel they have little to lose by placing consumer safety at risk for the sake of greater profit. This is a lively and impassioned personal account, a collection of true stories, told by an American who has worked in the country for close to two decades. Poorly Made in China touches on a number of issues that affect us all.
- Author BiographyPAUL MIDLER has over twenty years of experience related to Asia, and in his manufacturing career, he has worked directly with hundreds of Chinese suppliers in a broad range of industries. He holds an MBA from the Wharton School of Business and a master's in international studies from the University of Pennsylvania's Lauder Institute. Poorly Made in China is his first book.
- Author(s)Paul Midler
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication04/02/2011
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Weight338 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Most relevant reviews
- blue--icon09 Jul, 2012by
great book so very true as an imported this book is a must have item !!!
i do not read many books , but this 1 was interesting in the first pages, a great insight into the manufacturing factories in China. totaly worth a read.
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.