All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionPaganism is rapidly becoming a religious, creative, and political force internationally. It has found one of its most public expressions in popular music, where it is voiced by singers and musicians across rock, folk, tech, goth, metal, Celtic, world, and pop music. With essays ranging across the US, UK, continental Europe, Australia and Asia, 'Pop Pagans' assesses the histories, genres, performances, and communities of pagan popular music. Over time, paganism became associated with the counter culture, satanic and gothic culture, rave and festival culture, ecological consciousness and spirituality, and new ageism. Paganism has used music to express a powerful and even transgressive force in everyday life. 'Pop Pagans' examines the many artists and movements which have contributed to this growing phemen.
- Author BiographyDonna Weston is Head of Popular Music at the Queensland Conservatorium, Griffith University, Australia. Andy Bennett is Professor in Cultural Sociology in the Centre for Public Culture and Ideas, Griffith University, Australia.
- Author(s)Andy Bennett,Donna Weston
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/05/2013
- SubjectAlternative Belief Systems
- Series TitleStudies in Contemporary and Historical Paganism
- Place of PublicationDurham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAcumen Publishing Ltd
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.