All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPop Touched Me: The Art of Rob Pruitt charts the highs and lows of art star Rob Pruitt's career - how he courted controversy as he rose to fame in the early 90s alongside his then-partner Jack Early and later secured his own place in the art world with shows including Cocaine Buffet, 101 Art Ideas You Can Do Yourself and Pandas and Bamboo. As one of today's most provocative artists, Pruitt's work has attracted critical attention for being consistently engaging while retaining a playful Pop aesthetic. Pop Touched Me , his first comprehensive mograph, examines the full scope of his development over the last two decades, extending beyond his conceptual art to include his painting, drawing, sculpture, textile and industrial design. Friends, fans, artists and art critics add context to the work by describing their personal experiences with Pruitt and his art through a range of essays and quotes.
- Author BiographyRob Pruitt is an internationally renowned contemporary artist who is represented by Gavin Brown's enterprise in New York City. Contributors include writer Domenick Ammirati, artist Jennifer Bornstein, gallerist Jeffrey Deitch, critic and curator Bob Nickas and writer Glenn O'Brien.
- Author(s)Jeffrey Deitch,Rob Pruitt
- Date of Publication16/02/2010
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2010
- ImprintHarry N. Abrams, Inc.
- Content Note250 full-colour illustrations
- Weight1402 g
- Width248 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.