Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<i>Popol Vuh, </i> the Quiche Mayan book of creation, is t only the most important text in the native languages of the Americas, it is also an extraordinary document of the human imagination. It begins with the deeds of Mayan gods in the darkness of a primeval sea and ends with the radiant splendor of the Mayan lords who founded the Quiche kingdom in the Guatemalan highlands. Originally written in Mayan hieroglyphs, it was transcribed into the Roman alphabet in the sixteenth century. This new edition of Dennis Tedlock's unabridged, widely praised translation includes new tes and commentary, newly translated passages, newly deciphered hieroglyphs, and over forty new illustrations.
- Author Biography<b>Dennis Tedlock</b> is McNulty Professor of English and Research Professor of Anthropology at the State University of New York at Buffalo. He is the coeditor of <i>American Anthropologist</i> and the author of several books.
- Author(s)Dennis Tedlock
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication07/02/1996
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Content Noteb&w photographs, line drawings, maps
- Weight534 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.