All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn accessible introduction to the study of popular music, this book takes a schematic approach to a range of popular music genres, and examines them in terms of their antecedents, histories, visual aesthetics and socio-political contexts. At the centre of each chapter is a textual analysis of key examples of the genres concerned: soul, psychedelia, progressive rock, reggae, funk, heavy metal, punk rock, rap, synthpop, indie, jungle. Within this interdisciplinary and genre-based focus, readers will gain insights into the relationships between popular music, cultural history, ecomics, politics, icography, production techniques, techlogy, marketing, and musical structure. Features *Introduces key terms and concepts in the study of popular music *Includes recommended further readings and audio texts at the end of each chapter *Provides a glossary of key theoretical terms for reference.
- Author BiographyStuart Borthwick is a lecturer at Liverpool John Moores University. Ron Moy is a lecturer at Liverpool John Moores University. For the past ten years, he has devoted himself to the delivery of a range of undergraduate courses, and now runs a degree programme in Popular Music Studies.
- Author(s)Ron Moy,Stuart Borthwick
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2004
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight383 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.