All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe fall of Porfirio Diaz has traditionally been presented as a watershed between old and new: an old style repressive and conservative government, and the more democratic and representative system that flowered in the wake of the Mexican Revolution. Now this view is being challenged by a new generation of historians, who point out that Diaz originally rose to power in alliance with anti-conservative forces and was a modernising force as well as a dictator. Drawing together the threads of this revisionist reading of the Porfiriato, Garner reassesses a political career that spanned more than forty years, and examines the claims that post-revolutionary Mexico was t the break with the past that the revolutionary inheritors claimed.
- Author BiographyPaul Garner is at the University of Wales - Swansea.
- Author(s)Paul Garner
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/08/2001
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleProfiles in Power
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notemap
- Weight786 g
- Width132 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.