Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionPorous silicon is rapidly attracting increasing interest from various fields, including optoelectronics, microelectronics, photonics, medicine, chemistry, and biosensing. This nastructured and biodegradable material has a range of unique properties that make it ideal for many applications. For example, the pores and surface chemistry of the material can be manipulated to change the rate of drug release from hours to months. Porous Silicon: Biomedical and Sensor Applications, Volume Two is part of the three-book series Porous Silicon: From Formation to Application. It discusses applications of porous silicon in bioengineering and in various sensors, including gas sensors, biosensors, pressure sensors, mechanical sensors, optical sensors, and many other types. It also thoroughly reviews the fabrication, parameters, and applications of devices that use porous silicon. Drawing upon a vast amount of recently published literature, the book guides readers through practical implementations that span environmental control, chemistry, spectroscopy, gas chromatography, microelectronics, micromachining, microfluidics, medicine, biotechlogy, and the car industry. It is divided into three sections that focus on: * Types of sensors that use porous silicon * Auxiliary devices that use porous silicon * Biomedical applications such as drug delivery, tissue engineering, and in vivo imaging Representing the most recent progress in applications of porous silicon to biomedical and sensory techlogy, this reference is indispensable for those involved in the research, development, and application of porous silicon in several scientific disciplines. It also serves as a starting point for the interested but unfamiliar reader to gain a thorough understanding of the unusual properties of porous silicon, other porous materials, and possible areas for current and future applications.
- Author BiographyDr. Ghenadii Korotcenkov is a research professor in the School of Material Science and Engineering at Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology in South Korea. He earned his PhD in physics and technology of semiconductor materials and devices from the Technical University of Moldova, and his Dr. Sci. degree in the physics of semiconductors and dielectrics from the Academy of Science in Moldova. He has more than 40 years of experience as a teacher and scientific researcher, and has been involved with numerous national and international scientific and engineering projects. He is the author or editor of 29 books and special issues, holds 18 patents, has published more than 200 peer-reviewed articles, has presented more than 200 reports at national and international conferences, and has received several awards and honors.
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication12/01/2016
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note269 black & white illustrations, 25 black & white tables
- Weight1428 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Edited byGhenadii Korotcenkov
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.