Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionPorous silicon has a range of properties, making it ideal for drug delivery, cancer therapy, and tissue engineering. Porous Silicon for Biomedical Applications provides a comprehensive review of this emerging nastructured and biodegradable biomaterial. Chapters in part one focus on the fundamentals and properties of porous silicon for biomedical applications, including thermal properties and stabilization, photochemical and nthermal chemical modification, protein-modified porous silicon films, and biocompatibility of porous silicon. Part two discusses applications in bioimaging and sensing, and explores the optical properties of porous silicon materials; in vivo imaging assessment and radiolabelling of porous silicon; and naporous silicon biosensors for DNA sensing and for bacteria detection. Finally, part three highlights drug loading and characterization of porous silicon materials, tumor targeting and imaging, and porous silicon scaffolds for functional tissue engineering, stem cell growth, and osteodifferentiation. With its acclaimed editor and international team of expert contributors, Porous Silicon for Biomedical Applications is a technical resource and indispensable guide for all those involved in the research, development, and application of porous silicon and other biomaterials, while providing a comprehensive introduction for students and academics interested in the field.
- Author BiographyDr Helder A. Santos is an Adjunct Professor in Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology, Division of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Helsinki, Finland. He is the founding editor-in-chief of the Mesoporous Biomaterials journal, acts as editorial board member in several other journals, and has also won a number of awards for his research.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication25/01/2014
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleWoodhead Publishing Series in Biomaterials
- Series Part/Volume Number68
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight980 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byHelder A. Santos
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.