All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionBased loosely upon the VW Beetle, which Dr Porsche also designed, the 356 was the first Porsche model, and as such, represented the birth of a legend. The curvaceous little coupes and spyders were a huge success throughout the world, and continued to be so for the rest of the model's life due to Porsche's policy of continuous development. Here is the full and fascinating account of the Porsche 356, and the racing and rallying cars that sprang from it. It is the story of the very beginnings of what, today, is one of the greatest sports car marques and an icon of automotive excellence.
- Author BiographyBorn in Coventry, the heart of Britain's motor industry, Brian Long is a professional writer with a passion for vintage and racing machinery. A trained mechanical engineer and a Porsche 911 owner, Brian has had strong links with the factory for over a decade. Married to Miho and with two children (Louis and Sophie-Mercedes), he now lives just outside Tokyo. With over 40 books published, including several works on Porsche, Brian is a member of the Guild of Motoring Writers in the UK, the SAH in America, and the RJC and JAHFA in Japan.
- Author(s)Brian Long
- PublisherVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication07/02/2008
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationDorset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Content Note242 illustrations
- Weight1184 g
- Width256 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.