Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionLike so many of the great Irish authors, McPherson's writing has a beautiful, lyrical quality and the characters he creates are t easily forgotten. Once again, he explores the heart and psyche of the common man in these three interconnected mologues. The young man who is desperate to move out of his parent's house once and for all; the middle-aged man, a borderline alcoholic and serial loser who has landed a job he's t qualified for; and the old man, a sprightly widower who tries to make the most of his mundane retirement home existence. Set against a backdrop of contemporary Dublin--these three different generations are vastly different yet all three share a common concern about lost love--and their own part in losing it. The power of these three interlocking stories grows gradually into one incisive portrait of Dublin life, in a play that is hilarious in its detail and moving in its portrait of ordinary lives. Cor McPherson was born in 1971 in Dublin. He is best kwn for The Weir which ran in London's West End for 18 months as well as a lengthy Broadway run. He has won the Laurence Olivier, Critics Circle, Evening Standard, Meyer-Whitworth, Stewart Parker and George Devine awards. Following I Went Down (1998), his second film, Saltwater, which he directed himself, recently opened in London.Also available by Cor McPherson: The Weir and Other Plays PB $15.95 1-55936-167-0 - USA Dublin Carol PB $11.95 1-55936-185-9 - USA
- Author BiographyConor McPherson was born in Dublin, where he still lives. His plays include This Lime Tree Bower, St. Nicholas, The Weir, Port Authority and Dublin Carol. He has written three films, I Went Down, Saltwater and The Actors, and directed the last two.
- Author(s)Conor McPherson
- PublisherTheatre Communications Group Inc.,U.S.
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTheatre Communications Group Inc.,U.S.
- Weight136 g
- Width135 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.