All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPort Ecomics is the study of the ecomic decisions (and their consequences) of the users and providers of port services. A port is an engine for ecomic development by providing employment, worker incomes, business earnings and taxes for its region. The book provides a detailed discussion of types of carriers that use ports, the operation of cargo and passenger ports as well as the operation of such specific ports as Hong Kong, Hamburg, Le Havre, Savannah, Miami and Panama. Port Ecomics is the first contemporary textbook of its kind. It enhances our understanding of port ecomics by - * classifying port users and suppliers of port services in the context of ecomic demand and supply curves; * deting that the demand for port services has two prices, the price paid to the port by the users and the price (or actual and opportunity costs) incurred by port user carriers, shippers and passengers; * presenting the ecomic theories of carriers, shippers and passengers. The numerous up-to-date references will be of benefit to students and researchers of the ecomics of the shipping trade; to government officials in developing port and shipping policies; and to port operators in understanding the port-choice selection process by shipping lines and other carriers.
- Author BiographyWayne K. Talley is the Frederick W. Beazley Professor of Economics and Executive Director of the Maritime Institute at Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia, USA.
- Author(s)Wayne K. Talley
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/04/2009
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleRoutledge Maritime Masters
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note54 black & white illustrations, 11 black & white tables, 8 black & white halftones, 46 black & white line drawings
- Weight428 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.