All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith 80 percent of the world's commodities being transported by water, ports are the pillars of the global ecomy. Port Management and Operations offers readers the opportunity to enhance their strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, while developing market foresight. It examines global port management practices at the regulatory, commercial, techlogical, operational, financial, and sociopolitical levels. This powerful sourcebook describes how seaports are being affected by the changes occurring nationally, regionally, and globally. Evaluating the new regulatory framework, it pinpoints the industry's implementation readiness and identifies potential problem areas. The book classifies the spectrum of interrelated port management principles, strategies, and activities in a logical sequence and under four cornerstones-Port Strategy and Structure, Legal and Regulatory Framework, Input: Factors of Production, and Output and Ecomic Framework. Detailing best practices and the latest industry developments, the book highlights emerging challenges for port managers and identifies opportunities to develop forward-thinking strategies. It examines the effectiveness of current strategies, tactics, tools, and resources of numerous global ports and highlights the necessity of adopting a proactive stance in harmonizing the laws, regulations, and policies pertaining to the maritime, oil, and gas industries. The shipping industry has myriad complexities and this book provides maritime managers and professionals with the wide-ranging and up-to-date understanding required to thrive in today's highly competitive and evolving environment.
- Author BiographyProf. Maria G. Burns serves as the Director for the Center for Logistics & Transportation Policy, University of Houston, and as Lead of Workforce Development and Researcher in the DHS Center of Excellence for Borders, Trade and Immigration Research, led by the University of Houston. She is the author of the books Port Management & Operations (2014); Logistics & Transportation Security (2015), and Energy Security & Critical Infrastructure (2016). She is an Honorary Member in the US Coast Guard Auxiliary, and Member in the Private Sector Advisory Council (PSAC), whose role is to advise the Governor of Texas in matters of security. In 2016, Prof. Burns received the Excellence in Emergency Management Award by the Emergency Management Association of Texas (EMAT). She has developed a series of training manuals approved by the US Coast Guard NMC. She is a Certified Auditor for Security (ISPS), Safety (ISM), Quality (ISO9001), and the Environment (ISO14001). She serves as Chair in the Supply Chain Security Subcommittee of the National Academies, Washington DC, and Member of the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers (SNAME), and the International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME).
- Author(s)Maria G. Burns
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication14/07/2014
- SubjectTransport Industries
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note121 black & white illustrations, 21 black & white tables
- Weight907 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.