All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThroughout their privileged but highly eccentric childhood Jack Rathbone has enjoyed the constant adoration of his sister Gin. When both attend art school in London, Jack plunges into a passionate affair with Vera Savage, a painter some years his senior, and they soon run away to New York. From a bruised and bereft distance Gin follows their southward progress to Miami, then Havana, and so to Port Mungo, a wilting swamp town on the steamy Gulf of Honduras. There Jack devotes himself to his art, and works with a fervour as intense as the restless, boozy waywardness to which Vera succumbs, which even the birth of two daughters cant subdue. As the tension builds, a tragedy occurs that will tear apart t only their world but that of Jack's watchful sister, Gin.
- Author BiographyPatrick McGrath is the author of a short story collection, Blood and Water and Other Tales, and five previous novels The Grotesque, Spider, Dr Haggard's Disease, Asylum and Martha Peake. Spider was made into a film in 2002 by acclaimed director David Cronenberg. Asylum is being filmed at the moment. He lives in London and New York.
- Author(s)Patrick McGrath
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication02/05/2005
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.71
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.18
- AU $92.76Trending at AU $113.10
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.35
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $75.63
- AU $13.31Trending at AU $15.81
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $19.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.