All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPortrait of the Pacific Rim is a photographic tour of the awe-inspiring sights and activities on the far edge of Canada. The wild, raw beauty of the Pacific Rim is captured in dozens of colour photographs, as accomplished photographers Ole Hoyer and Wendy Swdon share some of the gorgeous sights the west coast offers. Pacific Rim National Park reserve, comprised of Long Beach, the Broken Group Islands and the West Coast Trail, is an unparalleled gem. Scraped out of the western edge of Vancouver Island, the landscape ranges from primordial rainforests to acres of sandy beaches, rugged bluffs and sw-capped mountains. Driving there is half the fun, as you travel the Pacific Rim Highway through the forest and along the lakeshores of many provincial parks. See the village of Coombs and its famous market with the goats on its roof, then pass through unforgettable Cathedral Grove. The Pacific Rim is where people come to enjoy outdoor activities such as surfing, hiking, camping, fishing, wildlife watching and kayaking. Take home a tour of Long Beach, the tourist and surf towns of Ucluelet and Tofi, and the quiet cabins along the coast, plus the challenging grind of the moss-covered and often rainy West Coast Trail itself.
- Author BiographyOle Hoyer graduated from Ryerson University in photographic arts. His work has been published worldwide in numerous magazines, calendars and books. While travelling and freelancing in Europe, Ole and partner Wendy produced images for more than 25 books on that continent's countries and regions. Ole and Wendy live in North Vancouver, BC. Wendy Snowdon graduated from Ryerson University in Toronto in photographic arts. Her work has been published worldwide in numerous magazines, calendars and other publications. While travelling and freelancing in Europe, Wendy and her partner Ole produced images for more than 25 books on that continent's countries and regions. Wendy and Ole make their home in North Vancouver, BC.
- PublisherHeritage House Publishing Co Ltd
- Date of Publication15/05/2012
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationBritish Columbia
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHeritage House Publishing Co Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight255 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Photographs byOle Hoyer,Wendy Snowdon
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $34.38
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $41.24
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $12.23
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $45.52
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $37.74
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $20.62
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $19.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.