All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIrresistible anecdotes, irrepressible characters, mindblowing stats and facts. Here's all the vital information you never knew you needed to kw about Portsmouth FC, coupled with a day-by-day diary of magical and memorable moments from Pompey's rollercoaster history. Heard the one about the Fratton Park cleaner who claimed she was the holder of the FA Cup? How about the full-back who could throw the ball 37 yards? Or the bedridden invalid cured by Pompey's winning goal in the 1939 Cup Final? Turn back the clock to 17 May 2008, when Kanu's strike against Cardiff saw Portsmouth lift the FA Cup. Revisit 23 April 1949 when the lads were crowned Football League champions. Or 31 August 1946, when club legends Jimmy Dickinson and Peter Harris both made their debuts against Blackburn! A brilliantly researched collection of trivia - essential for any fan who holds the riches of blue-and-white history close to their heart.
- Author BiographyRoger Holmes was first taken to Fratton Park by his father and two grandfathers at the age of five in 1965 and has hardly missed a home match since. Isle of Wight born and bred, Roger has previously published two books on Portsmouth FC and writes two weekly features for the local Sports Mail as well as contributing to the Pompey matchday programme.
- Author(s)Roger Holmes
- PublisherPitch Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2014
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPitch Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteapprox 20 images
- Weight358 g
- Width121 mm
- Height192 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $75.99Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.