All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionFor some, finance is the enemy: solely responsible for the global financial crisis and symbolic of an outdated model that is catapulting us toward social and ecological ruin. Such a view can seem tempting. The 2007-2008 meltdown of the financial system was intimately bound to the financialization of the ecomy and its consequences. However, in reality the crisis in finance is an indicator that our ecomic model is obsolete. It is possible to imagine ather way, which would consist of seeing finance as a toolkit for building a solution to the crisis. Positive Finance presents a way to transform the ecomic model and reduce the ever-widening gulf of inequality, while taking into account environmental constraints. In order to achieve this, the authors argue that we must re-envision the allocation of capital in order to support social and techlogical invations, to design and build sustainable infrastructure, and to finance the energy transition. Reinvented, finance could become a powerful lever for setting these transformations in motion. This book is dedicated to proving that such leverage is within reach: here, the authors present a toolkit for putting money to work in the general interest.
- Author BiographyA financial analyst by training, HERVE GUEZ is Head of Research at Mirova, the asset management subsidiary of BPCE dedicated to responsible investment. PHILIPPE ZAOUATI is the founder and CEO of Mirova.
- Author(s)Herve Guez,Philippe Zaouati
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/2015
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationSaltaire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGreenleaf Publishing
- Weight295 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.