All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis book extends positive psychology by embedding leisure into the positive science field, following a new paradigm and aggregating various domains and fields. Positive science can be applied to the field of leisure and, in turn, leisure can serve as an arena to study some of the most important optimal functioning variables. The book presents kwledge on a diverse range of topics about optimizing socio-cognitive processes and behaviors, places and contexts, societies and cultures through leisure. These topics are unified by an underlying continuum that extends from individuals and subjective experiences to social worlds. The contributions highlight components of everyday life, showing that subjective experience and life trajectories are structured and social goals and life purposes are defined and achieved within interactions between individuals and their lived contexts and environments in daily life. .
- Author BiographyTeresa Freire (PhD) is assistant professor at the School of Psychology in the University of Minho, Braga, Portugal, and Director of the Psychological Counselling Service (ServPsi) of the School of Psychology. She teaches in graduation, master and doctoral Psychology courses and supervises several master and PhD research projects, leading the research group for the study of optimal functioning (Grupo de Investigacao para o Funcionamento Optimo - GIFOp) aimed at studying the quality of subjective experience in daily life through the lens of positive psychology, in clinical and social psychological domains. Based on her research findings, she has developed and supervised individual and group intervention programs, with children and adolescents. Leisure experience, and its implications to positive development of adolescents, has been one of her major research topics. Teresa Freire also collaborates in international research teams and is author of national and international publications (peer-reviewed journals and books). She belongs to the European Network for Positive Psychology (ENPP), being member of the Management Board Committee and country representative for Portugal. She is the president of the Portuguese Society of Positive Psychology (Sociedade Portuguesa de Psicologia Positiva - SPPP).
- Date of Publication16/12/2012
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight526 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byTeresa Freire
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.