All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne in two people in the developed world will experience depression in their lifetime. Positive psychology is the scientific study of optimal functioning - what it takes to feel good, function well and flourish. This young branch of psychology has produced a number of evidence-based techniques, which have been scientifically proven to increase happiness and well-being. What is t so well kwn is that a delightful consequence of these interventions is that they also reduce the symptoms of depression. Positive Psychology for Overcoming Depression is aimed at the millions suffering mild-to-moderate depression and those who want to protect themselves against persistent low moods. The book explains key strategies to help you overcome depression and reduce the chances of it recurring. As you practise the simple yet highly-effective exercises, you will find your mood lifts naturally, your confidence, resilience, positivity and strength grow and your outlook becomes more optimistic. These strategies come from the author's professional practice as a positive psychologist and coach, her background as a journalist and as someone who has suffered from depression herself.
- Author BiographyMiriam Akhtar, MAPP, is one of the first qualified positive psychologists in practice in the UK and a former winner of the Medical Journalists Association Gold Award. Miriam's professional interest in positive psychology began in the mid-nineties when she made a programme on the science of happiness for BBC Radio 4. She works now as a positive psychology coach, trainer and lecturer developing the next generation of positive psychologists.
- Author(s)Miriam Akhtar
- PublisherWatkins Media
- Date of Publication02/02/2012
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2012
- ImprintWatkins Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width123 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.