All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe best minds in positive psychology survey the state of the field Positive Psychology in Practice, Second Edition moves beyond the theoretical to show how positive psychology is being used in real-world settings, and the new directions emerging in the field. An international team of contributors representing the best and brightest in the discipline review the latest research, discuss how the findings are being used in practice, explore new ideas for application, and discuss focus points for future research. This updated edition contains new chapters that explore the intersection between positive psychology and humanistic psychology, salugenesis, hedonism, and eudaimonism, and more, with deep discussion of how the field is integrating with the new areas of self-help, life coaching, social work, rehabilitation psychology, and recovery-oriented service systems. This book explores the challenges and opportunities in the field, providing readers with the latest research and consensus on practical application. * Get up to date on the latest research and practice findings * Integrate positive psychology into assessments, life coaching, and other therapies * Learn how positive psychology is being used in schools * Explore possible directions for new research to push the field forward Positive psychology is being used in areas as diverse as clinical, counseling, forensic, health, educational, and industrial/organizational settings, in a wide variety of interventions and applications. Psychologists and other mental health professionals who want to promote human flourishing and well-being will find the second edition of Positive Psychology in Practice to be an informative, comprehensive guide.
- Author BiographySTEPHEN JOSEPH, PhD, is a Professor in the School of Education at the University of Nottingham, UK, where he teaches and researches counseling and psychotherapy, positive psychology, and psychological trauma. Joseph specialized in health and counseling psychology, teaching at the University of Warwick before moving to Nottingham in 2006. He is registered as both a psychotherapist and as a coaching psychologist.
- Author(s)Stephen Joseph
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication26/05/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight1702 g
- Width179 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine68 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.