Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionCutting through the political rhetoric about the power of sport as a tool for social change and personal improvement, this book offers insight into how and why participating in sport can be good for children and young people. As the first text to focus on the role of sport in positive youth development (PYD), it brings together high-profile contributors from diverse disciplines to examine critically the ways in which sport can be used to promote youth development. Now in a fully updated, revised and expanded new edition, Positive Youth Development through Sport covers a wider range of disciplines including sport psychology, development psychology, physical education, sport development and sport sociology. Its three main sections focus on: * the theoretical and historical contexts of PYD * quantitative and qualitative methods for assessing PYD in sport * the potential of PYD in sport across different ages and abilities. With expanded guidance on how to apply positive youth development in practice, this is essential reading for all students, researchers, educators, practitioners and policy makers with an interest in youth sport.
- Author BiographyNicholas L. Holt is a professor and leader of the Child and Adolescent Sport and Activity lab in the Faculty of Physical Education and Recreation at the University of Alberta (Canada). He conducts research examining psychosocial aspects of participation in sport and physical activity among children, adolescents, and their families.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2016
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byNicholas L. Holt
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.