All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
About this product
- DescriptionPositron Emission Tomography with Computed Tomography (PET/CT) is a nuclear medicine imaging modality using positron-emitting radiotracers and a combined PET and CT scanner in order to detect and localize high radiotracer signal abrmalities. Although PET has evolved into a diagstic modality of prime importance in oncology (with the radiotracer (F18-FDG) it was originally envisioned to image and diagse diseases of the brain and the heart. Lack or limited experience in PET may result in an erroneous interpretation of the findings in this sensitive imaging modality. The existence of various rare cancers has resulted in scanty if t a lack of kwledge about the usefulness of PET in these interesting albeit uncommon maladies. The author, drawing from more than ten years of experience as the chairman/director of the only PET Center in the Philippines, aims to present the most interesting cases he has encountered which may be educational to those beginning their practice or even helpful to veterans of the field whose scope of practice has been limited to the most common and reimbursable indications of an FDG-PET scan.
- Author BiographyJonas Francisco Ynares Santiago, M.D. Former (2002-2013) Director of the Positron Emission Tomography Center and Former (2007-2013) Department Chairman of Nuclear Medicine, St. Luke's Medical Center, E. Rodriguez, Quezon City. Chairman, Nuclear Medicine and PET Center, St. Luke's Medical Center, Global City National Project Coordinator of the IAEA Project RAS 6/049 Strengthening Clinical Applications of PET in RCA Member States Regular Lecturer of the Radioisotopes Technique and Training Course, Philippine Nuclear Research Institute.
- Author(s)Jonas Francisco Ynares Santiago
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication28/06/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note25 black & white illustrations, 94 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight227 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.