All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionCovering cinematic portrayals of 9/11 and the subsequent incursions into Iraq and Afghanistan, Post-9/11 Cinema: Through a Lens Darkly examines both dramas and documentaries that depict what some have termed Bush's war, as well as rebuttal films, films about terrorist activities, and films seen from the vantage point of journalists and military personnel. This book t only shows how motion pictures reflect societal values but also how such works can influence social attitudes and thus promote change. In addition, Markert appraises the film industry and critiques how images are manipulated to sway the viewer to appreciate the side being advocated.
- Author BiographyJohn Markert is associate professor of sociology at Cumberland University and has published numerous articles analyzing aspects of the media. He is the author of The Social Impact of Sexual Harassment (2010).
- Author(s)John Markert
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication05/08/2011
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings
- Weight717 g
- Width166 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine32 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.