All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis groundbreaking book establishes Post-Digital Printmaking as a distinct area of printmaking practice both technically and conceptually. Radically different from digital print production (inkjet on high-quality paper), Post-Digital Printmaking integrates Computer Numeric Control (CNC) devices such as laser cutters and CNC routers with matrix production for lithography, intaglio and relief. This contemporary practice incorporates the strengths of both digital and traditional, resulting in hybrid printmaking techniques. A comprehensive and accessible technical introduction to this important area of printmaking, this book explains techniques and processes in detail, discusses the contexts within which Post-Digital Printmaking has arisen, and includes examples and case studies of artists applying these hybrid techniques in their work.
- Author BiographyPaul Catanese and Angela Geary are early protagonists of Post-Digital Printmaking, and have been using these techniques, writing articles, and lecturing on the subject since 2005. Paul Catanese is Associate Chair and Associate Professor of Interdisciplinary Arts at Columbia College in Chicago, and President of the New Media Caucus, CAA Affiliate Society. Angela Geary, artist and independent researcher, was formerly Reader at Northumbria University and the University of the Arts in London. She directs the Zeropoint Press in Glastonbury UK, which she founded in 2012.
- Author(s)Angela Geary,Paul Catanese
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication07/06/2012
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content Note200 colour illus
- Weight511 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.