All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe real world is full of cameras; the virtual world is full of images. Where does all this photographic activity leave the artist-photographer? Post-Photography tries to answer that question by investigating the exciting new language of photographic image-making that is emerging in the digital age of anything-ispossible and everything-has-been-done-before. Found imagery has become increasingly important in post-photographic practice, with the internet serving as a laboratory for a major kind of imagemaking experimentation. But artists also continue to create entirely original works using avant-garde techniques drawn from both the digital and analogue eras. This book is split into five sections Something Borrowed, Something New; Layers of Reality; All the World Is Staged; Hand and Eye; and Post- Photojournalism which cover the key strategies adopted by 53 of the most exciting and invative international artist-photographers of the 21st century.
- Author BiographyRobert Shore is the editor of the visual-arts quarterly Elephant and was previously deputy editor at Art Review magazine. As an arts journalist he has contributed to the Sunday Times, the Guardian and Metro. He is also the author of 10 Principles of Advertising and Bang in the Middle.
- Author(s)Robert Shore
- PublisherLaurence King Publishing
- Date of Publication08/09/2014
- Series TitleElephant Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2014
- ImprintLaurence King Publishing
- Content Note300 colour illustrations
- Weight1650 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.69Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.