All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'The first text to systematically address the learning needs of post-qualifying child care social workers. Soundly organized and engagingly written with useful summaries and reflective exercises for students, it is a very fine text that will be widely used' - Nick Pike, Principal Lecturer in Social Work, University of Gloucestershire This textbook provides an overview of the Post Qualifying Child Care Award in social work. Written in response to recent policy and training guidelines, it provides the underpinning kwledge for candidates following the Post Qualifying curriculum. It helps child care social workers acquire and develop the breadth of kwledge and understanding that characterise best practice. Key features include: - Chapters on reflective collaborative and critical practice; child development; child observation; case management and managing risk; working in partnership with children and families; inter-professional working and practice education - Links to the relevant post qualifying standards for social work - Contributions from a team of practice assessors and programme candidates - A practice-based approach - clearly links theory, research and practice - An inter-professional perspective - Case studies, activities and points for reflection that encourage the reader to develop ways of challenging and improving their own practice. The book equips social workers with the relevant training, kwledge and skills to improve the quality of services and their delivery. With an emphasis upon continuing professional development, this text is suitable for social workers studying for the Child Care Award, those already in practice and other social care professionals working with children.
- Author BiographyGillian Ruch is a registered social worker with a background in childcare social work. Her current position is Senior Lecturer in the Division of Social Work Studies at the University of Southampton.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication13/11/2008
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white tables, diagrams, figures
- Weight340 g
- Width186 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byGillian Ruch
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.