All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionPost-Secular Society argues for several characteristics of the secular: the experience of living in a secular age and the experience of living without religion as a rmal condition. Religion in the West is often seen as marked by both invation and disarray. In spite of differing approaches and perspectives of secularization, rational choice and de-secularization, many scholars agree that the West is experiencing a general resurgence of religion across most Western societies. Post-Secular Society discusses the changes in religion related to globalization and New Age forms of popular religion. The contributors review religion that is rooted in the globalized political ecomy and the relationship of post-secularism to popular consumer culture. Also reviewed is invative discourse as a religious belief system, theories of the post-secular, religious, and spiritual well-being, and healing practices in Finland and environmentalism. This paperback edition includes a new preface by Peter Nynas.
- Author BiographyPeter Nynas is head of the department of comparative religion at Abo Akademi University in Finland and chief editor of Finsk Tidskrift. He is the co-editor of Bridges of Understanding. Mika Lassander received his PhD in religious studies from the Open University, UK in 2010. His work explores the links between values and religious change. Currently, he is a post-doctoral researcher at the Abo Akademi University, Finland. Terhi Utriainen is senior lecturer in the study of religions and adjunct professor in the study of religions and gender studies at the University of Helsinki, Finland.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication30/11/2014
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationSomerset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTransaction Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight362 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byMika T. Lassander,Peter Nynas,Terhi Utriainen
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.