Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.12
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
About this product
- DescriptionIn this, the second crime vel to feature Mother Mary Agnes of the Convent of the Bleeding Heart and Detective Inspector Frank Childers, the relationships and brewing tensions among the poets and artists of Glasgow's 'Ancient Society of Scriveners and Limners' find a new stage in the beautiful resorts around Lake Garda. Mother Agnes joins the Club's summer trip with the young art historian, the beautiful Sister Mary of the Angels. Angel, as she is kwn, is just one of the new characters introduced as a complicated web of murder and intrigue is revealed, amid amorous affairs both sacred and profane. A visit to the opera 'Norma' at the Arena di Verona precipitates the murderous climax, changing the lives of everyone connected to the club. The postcards from Garda themselves reveal the identity of the murderer, and point to the one remaining victim.
- Author BiographyRosaleen Orr, award winning artist and poet, studied Painting under David Donaldson, Mary Armour, and Joan Eardley, at Glasgow School of Art, where she won the William Hart Drawing Prize and the Guthrie Prize for portrait. She had poems published in anthologies by Luath Press and, recently, by Kennedy & Boyd. Rosaleen taught Art in two Convent Schools, and in the rough and tough East End of Glasgow. Her pupils inspired her to write the poem 'Up Roystonhill', which won a joint first prize in the McCash Scots Poetry Competition, sponsored by Glasgow University and The Herald.
- Author(s)Rosaleen Orr
- PublisherZeticula Ltd
- Date of Publication09/04/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationGlasgow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKennedy And Boyd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.