All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA century ago, hereditary rulers governed the great world powers. The royal houses of Europe, Africa, and Asia once ruled continents and the dominions beyond the seas. Today, just ten monarchs still reign in Europe, their powers significantly curbed. Where have all the royals gone? This book presents postcard images of lost emperors, kings and queens, czars and czarinas, princes, grand dukes, dukes, and duchesses. From the Balkans to the Iberian peninsula, these regal portraits hint at the values of ather era and capture something of the essence of the long-vanished world of international royalty.
- Author BiographyAndrew Roberts is a prolific historian and biographer who has published books on Waterloo, Hitler and Churchill, the Marquis of Salisbury, the Earl of Halifax and the history of English-speaking peoples since 1900 amongst many others. He is an expert on military history and has won many awards for his writing.
- PublisherThe Bodleian Library
- Date of Publication01/04/2009
- SubjectBiography: Royalty
- Series TitlePostcards from...
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Bodleian Library
- Content Note88 colour illustrations
- Weight256 g
- Width172 mm
- Height133 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Introduction byAndrew Roberts
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.