Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe Royal Siamese Post Office issued her first postcard in August 1883 but historians are unable to pinpoint the exact date when the first picture postcard made its appearance in Siam. The postcards in this book cover the period from the turn of the 20th century during the last years of the reign of King Chulalongkorn to the early 1930s, into the final years of King Prajadhipok's reign. Many early views of Siam such as its picturesque old buildings and bridges, hauntingly beautiful temples, enchanting canals and river scenes, are vividly recaptured, along with the evocative and endearing portraits of a people whose history has been varied and rich.
- Author BiographyAmerican Bonnie Davis first visited Thailand in 1967. Captivated by its charm, she was to return to the country with her husband upon his retirement and make their home there and at the same time continue her research into the history of the Kingdom. She has written extensively about the Royal Family as well as the stamps and postal history of the country. Her book Royal Siamese Postal Service was published in 1983 to coincide with the postal centenary of Thailand.
- Author(s)Bonnie Davis
- PublisherMarshall Cavendish International (Asia) Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication15/07/2012
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintMarshall Cavendish International (Asia) Pte Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width270 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.