All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionThis highly accessible anthology concerns itself with the relationships between postgraduate research candidates and their supervisors. It is a collection of immense depth and diversity including nearly fifty contributors, candidates and supervisors (many writing collaboratively), reflecting upon the pleasures and perplexing dynamics of supervisory relations. Their lucid understandings emerge through personal anecdote, critical reflection, and pedagogical theorizing. As candidates and supervisors, they recognize the impact of personal, cultural, and institutional histories and desires. This enterprising anthology proposes creative and productive alternatives to the prevailing models. It is a generous and engaging text, vital reading for candidates, supervisors, researchers, mentors, and tertiary educators.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Alison Bartlett holds a Ph.D. and a Graduate Certificate of Tertiary Education from James Cook University, Townsville, Australia. She publishes on feminist writing, theory, and pedagogy and lectures at the University of Southern Queensland, Australia. Her recent books are Jamming the Machinery: Contemporary Australian Women's Writing and Australian Literature and the Public Sphere (co-editor). Gina Mercer holds a Ph.D. from the University of Sydney and a Graduate Certificate of Tertiary Education from James Cook University, Townsville, Australia. She teaches, publishes, and supervises in the fields of creative writing, literature, and women's studies at James Cook University. Her creative and academic work is widely published and includes Janet Frame: Subversive Fictions and The Ocean in My Kitchen, a volume of poetry.
- Author(s)Alison Bartlett,Gina Mercer
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2001
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Series TitleEruptions: New Feminism Across the Disciplines
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight410 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byAlison Bartlett,Gina Mercer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.