All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThrough example-driven recipes, with plenty of code, focused on the most vital features of the latest PostgreSQL version (9.4), both administrators and developers will follow short, specific guides to understand and leverage useful Postgre functionalities to create better and more efficient databases.
- Author BiographySimon Riggs is the CTO of 2ndQuadrant and an active PostgreSQL committer. He has contributed to PostgreSQL as a major developer for more than 10 years, having written and designed many new features in every release over that period. His feature credits include replication, performance, business intelligence, management, and security. Under his guidance, 2ndQuadrant is now a leading developer of open source PostgreSQL and a platinum sponsor of the PostgreSQL Project, serving hundreds of clients in USA, Europe, Asia-Pacific,the Middle East, and Africa. Simon is a frequent speaker at many conferences and is well known for his speeches on PostgreSQL Futures and different aspects of replication. He has worked with many different databases as a developer, architect, data analyst, and designer with companies across USA and Europe for nearly 30 years. Gianni Ciolli is a principal consultant at 2ndQuadrant Italia, where he has been working since 2008 as a developer, consultant, and trainer. He has spoken at PostgreSQL conferences in Europe and abroad, and his other IT skills include functional languages and symbolic computing. Gianni has a PhD in mathematics, and is the author of published research on Algebraic Geometry, Theoretical Physics, and Formal Proof Theory. He previously worked at the University of Florence as a researcher and teacher. Gianni has been working on free and open source software for almost 20 years. From 2001 to 2004, he was a cofounder and the president of PLUG, short for Prato Linux User Group. He organized many sessions of the Italian PostgreSQL conference, and in 2013, he was elected to the board of ITPUG, the Italian PostgreSQL Users Group. He currently lives in London with his son. His other interests include music, drama, poetry, and sport-athletics in particular, where he competes in combined events. Hannu Krosing is a principal consultant at 2ndQuadrant and a technical advisor at Ambient Sound Investments. As the original database architect at Skype Technologies, he was responsible for designing the SkyTools suite of replication and scalability technology. He has worked with and contributed to the PostgreSQL project for more than 12 years. Gabriele Bartolini is a long-time open source programmer, a principal consultant with 2ndQuadrant, and an active member of the international PostgreSQL community. Gabriele has a degree in statistics from the University of Florence. His areas of expertise are data mining and data warehousing, and he has worked on web traffic analysis in Australia and Italy. He currently lives in Prato, a small but vibrant city located in the northern part of Tuscany, Italy. His second home is Melbourne, Australia, where he studied at Monash University and worked in the ICT sector. Gabriele's hobbies include playing his Fender Stratocaster electric guitar and calcio (football or soccer, depending on which part of the world you come from).
- Author(s)Gabriele Bartolini,Gianni Ciolli,Hannu Krosing,Simon Riggs
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication30/04/2015
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight857 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.