All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.69Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
About this product
- DescriptionIt is a source of great satisfaction to us that a Second Edition of this treatise should be called for, especially because it has given us the opportunity to produce, we believe, a better book. Eighteen chapters, amounting to one-third of the whole, are new, and of these, 13 deal with subjects t covered at all in the First Edition. We have paid more attention to embryonic and fetal growth, with chapters on cell differentiation (Lehtonen and Saxen), embryonic growth (O'Rahilly and Muller), control of fetal size (Sw), regulation of fetal growth (D'Ercole and Underwood), and ultrasonic studies offetal growth (Meire). At last the data are available for a chapter on the evolution of the human growth curve, by Eliz- abeth Watts. Large parts of the endocrine section have been rewritten (by Michael Preece, and by William Crowley and Margaret Wierman), and the genetics section has been largely recast, with new contributions by William Mueller and Ronald Wilson. Reynaldo Marto- rell has contributed a new chapter on growth in developing countries, and Tanner discusses growth surveys and standards as well as catch-up growth. Finally, there are two new chap- ters dealing with growth as a monitor of the health of populations-one by Tadeusz Bie- licki, considering the contemporary scene, and the other by Robert Fogel, on the contri- bution that such studies are making to the ecomic history of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication30/05/2013
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight994 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byFrank Falkner,J. M. Tanner
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 1986. Softcover reprint of the original 2nd ed. 1986
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.