All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
About this product
- DescriptionPostpartum Depression: Causes and Consequences chronicles a decade and a half of research into this relatively common mood disorder experienced in various forms by between 10-40% of all women following delivery. The author has conducted three major studies all of which are presented in this volume. The most recent study comprises the bulk of the mograph and presents the results with regard to psychological, social and hormonal factors in postpartum depression and the blues. Information regarding the epidemiology, etiology and treatment of postpartum depression is also included. The work described in this volume represents the attempt by the author to begin to address several of the major unresolved questions regarding the prevalence, causes, and consequences of postpartum mood disorders. The important negative implications of poor maternal adjustment for both the new mother and her family as well as the increased awareness of childbearing women who are w demanding answers and information make this book indispensable for all practitioners in psychology, psychiatry and obstetrics-gynecology as well as for the students of these disciplines.
- Author(s)Michael W. O'Hara
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication08/11/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleSeries in Psychopathology
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight370 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Foreword byLee S. Cohen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1995
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.