Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $56.45Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $26.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe impact society has on the progress and acceptance of new science - and vice versa - is greater than most people think. For instance, over the past five years, events indicate that citizens' views have helped change the focus of the research and development carried out by both the U.S. Department of Agriculture and by the Environmental Protection Agency. Likewise, citizen actions have influenced the direction of the activities of organizations such as the World Bank in their efforts to improve agriculture and living conditions in the developing nations of the world. The new Science and Society set t only highlights the what of science, but also the why, the how, and the who. Each volume provides an accessible, authoritative view of the history and current state of a particular issue. With a focus on humanizing science, this set brings each subject - from air pollution to nuclear power to natural medicines - to life by showing students all the factors that motivate research and revealing how scientists compete and collaborate with one ather. By exploring the connections between science and society, especially in controversial areas, each book illustrates both how society supports science and how science in return supports society. Each volume includes an introduction providing an overview of the topic, complete chapter-by-chapter coverage, dozens of black-and-white photographs and line illustrations, a helpful index and glossary, lists of websites and suggestions for further reading that allow readers quick access to detailed information.
- Author BiographyJ. S. Kidd is professor emeritus at the College of Library and Information Services at the University of Maryland, College Park. A specialist in science communication, he has worked as a chemist and systems analyst in government and private industry. Renee A. Kidd is a historian and reading specialist. She earned her undergraduate degree in biology and education from Illinois Wesleyan University, her M.Ed. from Loyola College in Baltimore, and her M.A. in art history and archaeology from the University of Maryland.
- Author(s)J.S. Kidd,Renee A. Kidd
- PublisherFacts On File Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2006
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Series TitleScience and Society S.
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFacts On File Inc
- Content Note45-75 black-&-white photographs & line illustrations, index, glossary
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $89.29Trending at AU $102.55
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $49.72Trending at AU $53.97
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.87
- AU $10.00Trending at AU $11.94
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.69
- AU $8.88Trending at AU $12.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.