All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe aim of this book is to offer the reader a critical edition of the petitions in their original Italian language that (Catholic) Jews residing in Italy submitted to the Fascist General Administration for Demography and Race (Demorazza) in order either to be discriminated, i.e., t subjected to various provisions of Mussolini's racial laws of 1938, or Aryanized, i.e., be considered t of the Jewish race, as defined by the convoluted and inconsistent Fascist anti-Semitic legislation. Anyone born of parents who both were of the Jewish race, even though professing a religion other than Judaism, was deemed to be Jewish. Consequently, the racial laws affected t only those Italians who considered themselves Jewish, whether secular or religious, but also a significant number of Catholics whose ancestors had been Jewish, as the majority of the cases contained in this volume show.
- Author BiographyRobert A. Maryks, Ph.D. (2006) in History, Fordham University, is Associate Professor of History at Bronx CC of the City University of New York. He has published extensvily on the history of Jesuits, inlcuding Saint Cicero and the Jesuits: The Influence of the Liberal Arts on the Adoption of Moral Probabilism (Ashgate, 2008) and The Jesuit Order as a Synagogue of Jews: Jesuits of Jewish Ancestry and Purity-of-Blood Laws in the Early Society of Jesus (Brill, 2009).
- Author(s)Robert Aleksander Maryks
- Date of Publication24/10/2011
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleStudies in the History of Christian Traditions
- Series Part/Volume Number157
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content NoteIllustrations, map
- Weight817 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.