All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis second edition of this highly-successful glossary provides an exhaustive and authoritative guide to over 200 technical terms used in contemporary scholarly research on poverty. It seeks to make researchers, students and policy makers aware of the multi-dimensional and complex nature of this social condition. This revised edition includes a range of new entries to keep pace with an expanding field of discourse, an extended set of references, and further perspectives from developing countries. A particular effort has been made to incorporate n-Western approaches and concepts.
- Author BiographyPaul Spicker is Grampian Chair of Public Policy at the Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, and Director of the Centre for Public Policy and Management. He has worked as a consultant for a range of agencies in social welfare provision. His research includes studies of poverty, need, disadvantage, and service delivery and he has published twelve books and over sixty academic papers in this field. His most recent title is Policy Analysis for Practice (2006). Sonia Alvarez Leguizamon is Associate Professor of Urban Anthropology in the Faculty of Humanities, National University of Salta, Argentina. She specializes in social policies, segregation, exclusion, and poverty and history of social policies in Argentina, and has published several articles on these issues. David Gordon is Director of the Townsend Centre for International Poverty Research, at the University of Bristol. He has researched and published in the fields of the scientific measurement of poverty, crime and poverty, childhood disability, area-based anti-poverty measures, the causal effects of poverty on ill health, housing policy and rural poverty. He has published extensively in the field, and his latest title is Poverty and Social Exclusion in Britain: The Millennium Survey (2006).
- PublisherZed Books Ltd
- Date of Publication02/01/2007
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleInternational Studies in Poverty Research
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintZed Books Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine135 mm
- Edited byDavid Gordon,Paul Spicker,Sonia Alvarez Leguizamon
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.