All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionPowder and Propellants is the story of the U.S. Navy's premier facility for research, development, testing, and evaluation of energetic materials, the chemical compounds used in gun and rocket propellants as well as in aircraft cockpit ejection seats. Initially charged to improve the penetrating power of warheads against steel armor, Indian Head became the proving grounds for testing guns, propellant powder, shells, mounts, and armor, tably the manufacture and testing of Jet Assist Takeoff (JATO), Zuni, Talos, and Polaris rockets and missiles. First published in 1990 as a private publication for the navy, Powder and Propellants is w available again as a revised and expanded second edition, with a new chapter on the institution's last decade. Those interested in military history, techlogy, and government institutional history will find this book invaluable.
- Author BiographyRODNEY P. CARLISLE is vice president of History Associates Incorporated, a historical services firm in Rockville, Maryland, and professor of history at Rutgers University in Camden, New Jersey. He is the author of numerous books, including Brandy, Our Man in Acapulco, published by the University of North Texas Press.
- Author(s)Rodney P. Carlisle
- PublisherUniversity of North Texas Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/09/2002
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationDenton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of North Texas Press,U.S.
- Content Note45 b&w phototgraphs, notes, glossary, bibliography, index
- Weight925 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.