All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $75.99Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- DescriptionPhotographer Luca Zanier casts a look behind the curtains of the energy industry. His images open the doors to hidden universes, usually inaccessible to the public, highly protected as they are against accidents and terrorism. Abandoned worlds of concrete and steel reveal themselves to us, cathedrals of the modern age, temples of an energy-devouring society that radiate a cold logic. His images of imposing halls, endless corridors, massive floodgates and cryptic signs are as intimidating as they are fascinating. They seem extraterrestrial and surreal at times, as if taken from a science fiction movie; their aesthetics make us forget that we are looking at highly complex industrial systems. Systems that serve as well as threaten us.
- Author BiographyLuca Zanier, born 1966 in Zurich, worked as an assistant for different photographers following his training, both at home and abroad. He founded his own studio in Zurich in 1993. Since then he has been an active photographer with a focus on landscapes, people and free art works. His works have been published in newspapers and magazines, most recently in 'Le Monde', 'Newsweek' and 'Wired'. His image series Space and Energy has been awarded several prices, among them the 'Silver Award' of the Prix de la Photographie Paris.
- Author(s)Andre Kuttel,Bill Kouwenhoven,Luca Zanier
- PublisherBenteli Verlag
- Date of Publication01/01/2012
- Place of PublicationWabern-Bern
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintBenteli Verlag
- Content Note37 Colour
- Weight17140 g
- Width270 mm
- Height370 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.