All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUtilities around the world are under increasing pressure to provide reliable and good quality power supply to their retail customers, and to reduce their operational costs. These concerns call for real time monitoring and control of the distribution system, which can be accomplished by deploying distribution automation (DA) systems, a key enabling techlogy for smart grids. This book provides a detailed description of all the major components of a DA system, including communication infrastructure and analysis tools. Topics covered include communication systems for distribution automation; load flow analysis; short circuit analysis; state estimation; feeder reconfiguration for loss reduction, service restoration, and load balancing; volt-var control; fault location; fault type identification; and ecomic analysis/cost benefit analysis. Concluding with an international case study (Enexis, one of the major Distribution System Operators in The Netherlands) showing how DA has been implemented in practice, this book is essential reading for researchers and advanced students working in power engineering and practitioners engaged in distribution automation, such as utility engineers, vendors, and consultants.
- Author BiographyBiswarup Das is a professor at the Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India where his research interests include distribution system analysis and automation, FACTS, digital protection of power systems, and distributed generation. He serves as an Associate Editor of IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution and as an editor of IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy.
- PublisherInstitution of Engineering and Technology
- Date of Publication25/04/2016
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitleEnergy Engineering
- Place of PublicationStevenage
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintInstitution of Engineering and Technology
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byBiswarup Das
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.