All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.33Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $13.08Trending at AU $16.63
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
About this product
- DescriptionA practical, hands-on approach to power distribution system reliability As power distribution systems age, the frequency and duration of consumer interruptions will increase significantly. Now more than ever, it is crucial for students and professionals in the electrical power industries to have a solid understanding of designing the reliable and cost-effective utility, industrial, and commercial power distribution systems needed to maintain life activities (e.g., computers, lighting, heating, cooling, etc.). This books fills the void in the literature by providing readers with everything they need to kw to make the best design decisions for new and existing power distribution systems, as well as to make quantitative cost vs. reliability trade-off studies. Topical coverage includes: * Engineering ecomics* Reliability analysis of complex network configurations* Designing reliability into industrial and commercial power systems* Application of zone branch reliability methodology* Equipment outage statistics* Deterministic planning criteria* Customer interruption for cost models for load-point reliability assessment* Isolation and restoration procedures* And much more Each chapter begins with an introduction and ends with a conclusion and a list of references for further reading. Additionally, the book contains actual utility and industrial power system design problems worked out with real examples, as well as additional problem sets and their solutions. Power Distribution System Reliability is essential reading for practicing engineers, researchers, technicians, and advanced undergraduate and graduate students in electrical power industries.
- Author BiographyALI A. CHOWDHURY , PhD, FIEEE, is Director of Regional Transmission for the California Independent System Operator. He has nearly thirty years of experience in teaching, research and development, electric utility industry, electric equipment manufacturing, and consulting in power system reliability and security assessments. DON O. KOVAL , PhD, FIEEE, is a Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Alberta, Canada. Previously, he worked as a distribution special studies engineer for B.C. Hydro and Power Authority in Vancouver and as a subtransmission design engineer for Saskatchewan Power.
- Author(s)Ali Chowdhury,Don Koval
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication24/04/2009
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitleIEEE Press Series on Power Engineering
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight852 g
- Width164 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.