All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.46
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
About this product
- DescriptionPower Efficiency in Broadband Wireless Communications focuses on the improvement of power efficiency in wireless communication systems, especially of mobile devices. Reviewing cutting-edge techniques for conserving power and boosting power efficiency, the book examines various techlogies and their impact on consumer devices. It considers each techlogy, first by introducing the main physical layer components in recent wireless communication systems along with their shortcomings, and then proposing solutions for overcoming these shortcomings. The book covers orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM) signal generation and formulation and examines the advantages and disadvantages of OFDM systems compared to alternative multiplexing. It introduces one of the main drawbacks of OFDM systems, peak-to-average power ratio (PAPR), and discusses several PAPR techniques. It also explains how to overcome the main drawbacks of real-world OFDM system applications. * Considers power amplifier linearization for increasing power efficiency and reducing system costs and power dissipation * Describes the implementation scenario of the most promising linearization technique, digital predistortion * Presents some experimental demonstrations of digital predistortion when the device under test is in the loop Because the most costly device in a communication system that has a direct impact on power efficiency and power consumption is the power amplifier, the book details the behavior and characteristics of different classes of power amplifiers. Describing the evolution of the mobile cellular communication system, it details a cost-effective technique to help you increase power efficiency, reduce system costs, and prolong battery life in next generation mobile devices.
- Author BiographyPooria Varahram received his B.Sc. in electrical and electronics engineering from Khajenasir University of Technology in 2002, his M.Sc. in telecommunications engineering from Tarbiat Modares University in 2004, and Ph.D. in wireless communication engineering from the University of Putra Malaysia (UPM) in 2010. He has more than five years of experience in designing and developing a range of electronic and telecommunication-related projects. He has completed his Post PhD in UPM in 2012. He is now senior lecturer in UPM since January 2013. His research interests are PAPR reduction in OFDM systems, linearization of power amplifiers, and microwave power amplifier design.
- Author(s)Borhanuddin Mohd Ali,Nasri Sulaiman,Pooria Varahram,Somayeh Mohammady
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note156 black & white illustrations, 38 black & white tables
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.