All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionAs the United States struggled to survive the recent recession, China quietly acquired a vast amount of U.S. Treasury bills and bonds. With China w holding so much of America's debt, currency valuation issues have already caused tensions between the two superpowers. Couple this with Iran's efforts to develop into a nuclear power in an area that lacks political stability, and the United States and China could soon find themselves in a global power tug-of-war. Power, National Security, and Transformational Global Events: Challenges Confronting America, China, and Iran explores the shifts in power that have initiated major transformational events around the world. Expert contributors identify the major challenges that w confront America as a result of these transformations. Filled with authoritative insights into how current and emerging situations will impact the United States, the book illustrates the policy problems and limited choices facing America. It also: * Describes the information techlogy and social media tools that were instrumental in the Arab revolution * Provides the insights of experts from the Intelligence Community on emerging issues that will soon impact America * Illustrates the policy problems involved in addressing the challenges with Iran * Explores the rapid growth of China's ecomic wealth and military power This much-needed reference describes and analyzes the emergence of cyber power and its capabilities for cyber attack, cyber warfare, and cyber defense. It examines the information revolution and social media instruments, such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, in terms of their role and impact on the Arab revolution. It also discusses the fallacy of the decline of the United States as a superpower in terms of its formation and distribution of power resources and its continued formidable military and national security strengths.
- Author BiographyDr. Thomas A. Johnson currently serves as a faculty member of the Criminal Justice Department at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside. He also is a co-founder and Chairman of the Board of Directors of the California Sciences Institute in Livermore, CA. He serves as a member of the Board of Directors of the SANS Technology Institute. He received his bachelor's and master's degrees from Michigan State University and his doctorate in Criminology from the University of California-Berkeley. Dr. Johnson has developed programs in Cybercrime and Forensic Computer Investigation and also founded the Graduate National Security program offered at two of our National Nuclear Security Administration Laboratories in California and New Mexico. Dr. Johnson also currently serves as a member of the FBI Infraguard program and also is a member of the Electronic Crime Task Force, New York Field Office, and San Francisco Field Office, U.S. Secret Service. The U.S. Attorney General appointed Dr. Johnson a member of the Information Technology Working Group, and he served as Chair, Task Force Group on ombating High Technology Crime for the National Institute of Justice. Dr. Johnson was also appointed an advisor to the Judicial Council of California on the Court Technology Task Force by the California Supreme Court. Dr. Johnson has published 6 books and 13 referred articles and holds copyright on 4 software programs, and his chapter 'Infrastructure Warriors: A Threat to the U.S. Homeland by Organized Crime' was published by the Strategic Studies Institute of the U.S. Army War College ('... to insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense ...,' Papers From the Conference on Homeland Protection, 2000). In addition to lecturing at the U.S. Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, he has also lectured at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center and numerous universities. Dr. Johnson has appeared in both State and U.S. Federal courts as an expert witness, and was a member of the Select Ad Hoc Presidential Investigative Committee and consultant to the American Academy of Forensic Sciences in the case of Sirhan B. Sirhan regarding evaluation of ballistics and physical evidence concerning the assassination of U.S. Senator Robert F. Kennedy.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication07/06/2012
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations, 4 black & white tables
- Weight680 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byThomas A. Johnson
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.