All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.92Trending at AU $28.10
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores human behavior in terms of power in all its manifestations across a wide spectrum. The author examines the subtle dynamics of power in interpersonal relationships as well as its overarching influence in large institutions such as governments, nations, and the financial centers of our global ecomy. By using this single conceptual lens, he demonstrates how abundant and diverse our power sources are, how to find and develop them to unleash our hidden potential, and how to help others accomplish the same. What are the three (or four) greatest sources of individual power? How do we use power passively and aggressively in relationships? Why does power tend to corrupt? What influence does government have on the distribution of wealth? In what ways have globalization and techlogy changed our national ecomies, corporations, and governments? How can we promote the common good for ourselves and society? These questions and more are illuminated through the author's insightful focus on power broadly defined. After reading this book, you'll never see yourself or the world again in quite the same way.
- Author BiographyDennis Toombs, Ph.D., now retired, was professor of government for forty-two years at San Jacinto College in Houston, TX.
- Author(s)Dennis Toombs
- PublisherPrometheus Books
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintPrometheus Books
- Weight272 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.